Friday 17 June 2011

Window into my world






Fiddling around with the window display in the shop today. Got all inspired by the zingy red Geraniums and juicy lime green Soleirolli - or as its commonly known Mind Your Own Business.  I just love this combination in nature. And the earthy terracotta window boxes and zinc watering cans and buckets add a rustic feel that is so me.  I often use the wooden fruit crates for display, they're so versatile. Back in the day these were really easy to come by and cheap, now they retail at about £20-£30 at most places.  I would advise you snap them up if you ever see them cheaper. In fact don't, I want them.

Don't know about you but I tend to think about sprucing up the garden at this time of year, ready for for dinners alfresco and lazy days on the lawn.  And if you only have a ledge, its amazing what a difference a vibrant window box can make.  Not much chance of getting out in the garden today though, as the rain has been pelting down.  Nice weather for ducks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...