Thursday 9 June 2011

In the pink

If you're looking for a classic pink rose for a wedding, gift or for home, you can't really go wrong with Aqua - a versatile mid pink rose, with a lovely neat shape and a good spiral. They're not what I would call a large headed rose, but nevertheless have a compact, regular shape and are available year round. 



Whilst I'm not generally a big fan of carnations, my sources tell my they are due for a revival and I'm actually quite taken with this new variety, bred no doubt to tap into the current vogue for romantic vintage style, they have a beautiful painterly quality and subtle variations in tone. What do you think?


Of course you shouldn't overlook Peonies if you want big, blousey pinks blooms. They have a relatively short season and are at their best in the summer months of May and June.  I just love them and use them as often as possible. For some reason they just make me beam. Ah, loving the romance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...