Wednesday 8 June 2011

Red, white and blue

As a stylist, I appreciate good design in all its forms and am lucky to be able to try out different styles in my work and home.  

Ultimately, for me a home should be a place to take refuge, to relax, and recharge.  I look for warmth, and simplicity in objects, and if I have a constant I would say its a fondness for natural materials, whether that's a beautiful grained wood, slubby linens, natural hues... oh and stripes, because there's something just so clean and classic about stripes especially in fresh blue and white.





So you can imagine, I was in my element on this shoot with Hannah Deacon for Ideal Homes.  I was so busy I barely got to sneak a few shots, but loved the linen and stripes so much I couldn't resist grabbing these.  Beautiful glossy ceramics too. You can see the rest of the shoot in July's issue of Ideal Home, out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...