Tuesday 17 April 2012

Spring Cheer



Spring has well and truly sprung in the parks and gardens of Caversham. Spring blossom is out everywhere, magnolia is looking magnificent, but the daffies are already coming to an end. Boo! I couldn't let them go without a little mention because they really cheered me up this side of winter. 

This is how I like them best, just a big bunch in a vase. Oh and now and then I chuck in some some Pussy Willow for good measure.


We also had these deep magenta Hyacinths in the shop the other day. Such a great colour. Ever noticed how how some flowers, like Hyacinths and Tulips are really squeaky? As a florist, I think I'm a bit of a sensualist (if thats the right word) - as well as appreciating a flower's fragrance and beauty, I enjoy noticing all the different textures and sounds that flowers and foliage make. Yeah, I'm a bit strange like that!


So next time you find yourself playing with flowers, don't forget to listen to them too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...