Friday 8 July 2011

Village Fete - Wedding Flowers Ctd

Back in May, I posted about this Village Fete themed wedding. I had taken a few snaps, but they really didn't do the day justice.  After a word in the shell like of decent chap and Brighton based Wedding Photographer Simon Fazackarly, now I too can say I do (I do have some decent photos that is!)

Bride Charlie had set me a challenge with the colours as the Bridesmaids dresses were a tricky coral pink, but pale pinks and cerises were also mixed through other details and decorations in the wedding. 

Avoiding blue toned pinks I sourced the most perfect sherbert pink rose called Miss Piggy to use in the Bride's bouquet, with Hydrangea, Sweet Avalanche, Bouvardia, Ranunculus and Astrantia. 

I used Sweet Avalanche, Hydrangea, Ranunculus and Astrantia in the Bridesmaids, and the Groom wore a Sweet Avalanche buttonhole which worked really well with his bespoke brown suit. 





Flowers were dotted around the venue in jam jars, and the tables were set with a trio of jars, with single colour country style flowers that looked like the could have been picked fresh from the garden. They weren't but a large helping of foliage and herbs from my uncle's garden didn't go amiss.







Friends and family all played their part on the day - The Groom's mother made reams of bunting to string up around the venue, The Bride's brother made a cake stand and seaside stocks, of the fat lady skinny man variety except that this was a bride and groom in a car, and friends and family brought along home made cake, and cup cakes. How great do these french fancies look?



I was lucky enough to be seated next to Simon during dinner (Simon had got on so well with the couple that they invited him to join them for the meal), and after nattering about weddings and blogs, I managed to collar him into taking a few shots of the bouquets.



At some point in the afternoon Simon snuck off with the Happy couple to this sweet little wooded area on the grounds of the village hall. Aren't these shots beautiful?  The couple look gorgeous, so happy, in love and relaxed. Working with a photographer who gets you and understands what you're looking for is really important.  I think you'll agree that Simon captured some special moments, that I'm sure James and Charlie will treasure for ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...